Monday, March 8, 2010

Charles Street, Part 2

After leaving Danish Country Antiques, I stopped into Churchill & White (no website yet) a few doors down that seems to focus on chandaliers, lamps and accessories. There was an incredible selection of antique lighting but I was really taken with the beautiful convex sunburst mirrors.
This large one below was probably four feet across. And it's all metal so I can't even imagine how much it weighs.
These were certainly nice to see but I was hoping for a black-framed mirror so I headed down the street.
Upstairs Downstairs (also no website) is a quaint little shop that seemed to have a nice selection of moderately priced vintage and antique items. I've always loved this pond boats/ship models and this one was a beauty.
But my favorite piece was this barley twist table. It's not my favorite color wood but I love the legs and graceful curves of the apron.
My last stop was a shop that carried very formal, highly decorated pieces but this HUGE clock face was the star of the show. You can take this beauty home for $14,500.
Or this smaller model might suit you better for $8500.
But I think I need to go back and buy something. I just can't leave it behind.


  1. Hi Steve,

    My power was out for most of the day yesterday so I missed your first post. You must love living in this historic city. How far is the downtown from your place?

    I adore the post office and all the little buildings. We have a pretty downtown area too. I always want to get up early and photograph it but I can never pull myself out of bed to do it.

    I love those convex mirrors. Were they expensive. I'd love one for over my sofa. How did you resist buying anything!


  2. Steve
    Thanks for all the eye candy! Boston is such a great town. I sometomes miss living up there. I miss the smell of the soil in the spring and the smell of leaves in the fall. In your last post you said you were going with climbing hydrangeas. I didn't even know they had a climbing variety. That's one of the plants I miss, I've been trying to grow them here, definitely challenging. What did you goback to buy??