I have a few projects ahead me before I can pull the master bedroom together.
I'm going to be pairing the antique Swedish chest with a modern bed.
You've seen the bed before but you never would have recognized it.
In the guest room, I disguised its modern lines with a bright mustard toile bedskirt,
and the headboard was almost entirely hidden by the pillows.
I bought this Ligne Roset bed many years ago when I lived in a modern loft in downtown Boston. The upholstery is actually a slipcover but it's quite faded so I'd like to switch it out. I contacted Ligne Roset to order a new slipcover but they're unfortunately no longer selling the bed and they won't make me a slipcover. Nice customer service.
I've purchased new drapes for the bedroom and this color just won't cut it. So I'm going to try to make my own. I've mentioned before, I grew up with a mom and aunt that made all of our clothes and since I've always been interested in how things work, I learned how to use a sewing machine. It's been a long time but hopefully it's like riding a bike. I can always get an upholsterer to make one but I'm up for the challenge. I think the headboard will be the toughest.
The platform has basically one long strip of material with velcro
on the top and bottom to hold it in place.
And the corners are mitered.
I'd love it to be a handsome, suit-like material maybe like a tweed or windowpane plaid but I might practice with some drop cloth material that could be a summer slipcover if it works out.
I've taken off the bathroom door so I can strip it with The Silent Paint Remover
I got it as a gift last Christmas. I have yet to crack it open.
I should have done this during the summer but hopefully we'll still
have some decent fall weather so I can do it outside.
The hinges have gone into a bath of Arm & Hammer washing soda
to strip them and I'll just reuse the old hardware.